The Glow. It has been said that I have the ‘glow’. I welcome this comment with open arms… but the reality? There’s a lot you can do to help yourself. I do NOT have the natural glow some mothers develop. I have olive skin which, in the absence of sunlight in this country becomes a sallow and a bit ‘ill-looking’. My cheat sheet?
- Light self tan on the face & decolletage from L’Oreal to just help me look a little heathier : http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/self-tan/sublime-bronze/express-pro-facial-self-tanning-dry-mist.aspx
- Well moisturised skin, in the morning and before bed (more on this in other posts)
- Foundation. One of the best I’ve found, full stop. Doesn’t dry you out, is not too heavy, helps cover blemishes, disappears into the skin, adds a natural colour and does not get stuck in my pores. Guerlain, ‘Lingerie de Peau’: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=135344/
- Bronzer: Again just adds a little ‘health’ back into your face and in my case helps to stop me looking sallow. My faves at the moment are by Chanel, ‘Soleil Tan de Chanel’: http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Bronzer-SOLEIL-TAN-DE-CHANEL-88676 and GlowFusion, ‘Intuitive Active Bronzer’: http://www.amazon.com/GlowFusion-Micro-Tech-Intuitive-Active-Bronzer/dp/B000RUF7N8. Helpful hint: get a good brush, this really helps it blend in naturally.
- Rouge: Adds a bit of colour to my cheeks, apply lightly and a little goes a long way. The idea is not to look like Sally Anne, but to differentiate the cheeks from the rest of my face. My favourite at the moment is from BobbiBrown, ‘Illuminating Bronzing Powder’ in Maui: http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/product/2324/8020/Makeup/Cheeks/Bronzers/Illuminating-Bronzing-Powder/index.tmpl
So, as you see, the ‘glow’ is very much fabricated for me, jealous of those who don’t need to. It all sounds rather excessive and would you believe I’m one of those people who does not like to wear too much make-up? It’s worth noting that other than the moisturiser, all the rest of it is used sparingly.
- The Chanel Les Beiges Collection is Better Than Bronzer (stylecartel.com)