It’s hot, Hot, HOT!!! Ok nothing like what’s going on in the US on the West coast (50 degrees c was it?) but for the UK pretty damned hot. 30 degrees today and I love the heat, unfortunately the little one is not so keen. I’m generally feeling a lot more settled with Lo-Lo in comparison with the 1st 2 weeks so I can definitely say i have noticed a difference in the hot weather. Methods for keeping the tiny ones cool?
- We went to the park and sat in the shade
- Get to the place early as it’s cooler!
- Get the baby naked or semi naked baby
- Damp flannel for the head
- Tiny bit of boiled water (1 oz)
- Luke warm bath … we actually had a mini shower when we got home from the park today. By shower i don’t mean full power, full heat – I mean luke warm or a light sprinkle setting so as not to overwhelm her. Easy to do one handed. You take a towel, roll up one end so they have something to rest their head on, lay the rest flat in the bath/baby bath so they don’t slip. Then shower away. I kept my hand in front of the shower as well so I could pick up on any fluctuations in the temperature and so the water didn’t hit her too forcefully
- I saw a dad sit in his car with his baby just so they could have the AC on. Genius
- Skin to skin contact in weather can be very uncomfortable for grown ups let alone for the small people. So! It is advisable that you put a layer in between you… like a muslin cloth or towel etc. Babies are known to get fretful, fidgety and refuse the boob!
- Hotter weather can mean they feed more often but for less time
Check out the following website for more info, i guess if anyone will know it’s the Aussies!
Below pic, not my baby or hubby.. but still cute…