I know that it will all change soon but I wanted to put down in writing what I think were the most helpful things for me in these first 3 months.
- Start eating bran! Super helpful post birth and know your pelvic floor gets better.
- Babies should not be awake for more than 2 hours during the day. It suddenly makes sense why Lo-Lo would start crying and why should would be very teary if she did not sleep much during the day. This was revolutionary for me.
- Pause before you pick a baby up (day & night). Why? It’s a gentle way to teach a baby patience but more importantly it can help them start to sleep in the night
- Make sure your baby is awake before you pick them up. Sometimes they cry between sleep cycles and will go back to sleep which is another reason to pause.
- Formula: once your comfortable give them formula last feed of the night, it helps them stay fuller for longer
- BURP!: even with breastfed babies, burp them it helps with any painful gas
- Breastfeeding hurts: Especially to start with and then gets better
- Personal thought: Get hubby to pick them up 1st when they start crying at night and change their nappy. This helps with point number 2 and helps share the work
- Muslin clothes: OMG get as many of these as you can, so helpful
- Bibs: with every feed, so if the burp up you don’t need to change clothing each time
- Breastfeeding pillow: whether you’re breastfeeding or bottle feeding it makes it a lot more comfortable
- Black and white mobile over the changing mat: Lo-Lo did not like being changed, a simple mobile helped keep her attention
- From one Kate to another (whatkatyblogged.com)
- What I wish I knew as a new mum (advice) (doctormummy.wordpress.com)
- Ten Top Tips to shed baby weight! (weanandgetlean.wordpress.com)