Gina Ford, the anti-christ of child rearing or so i’ve heard. I thought I would investigate what she’s suggesting for myself. I would like a routine for Lo-Lo to help her be happier. For example if she knows when nap time is and does not fight it, there will be less crying i.e. a happier baby. That’s the plan at least. Here’s an example routine from her website:
- 6am-8am: Feed and settle back to sleep
- 8am-10am: Baby will be ready for a nap between 8.30/9am.
- 10am to 11am: Feed. Once he has had his feed, encourage him to go under his playmat for a short spell so that you can fit in a few chores and prepare the lunch for you.
- 11.30 – 12 noon: Nap
- 12.30pm-2pm: Lunch
- 2pm: Baby awake + feed
- 4pm – 5pm: Nap.
- 5pm-6pm: Half of his breast feed or bottle around 5pm.
- 6pm-7.30pm: Bath time/bedtime routine/final feed & to bed!
hmmm… not sure. Feels a bit all over the shop. Think I’ll need to read the book. Currently Lo-Lo is:
- 07.00: Up and feeding
- 09.00-11.00: Nap
- 12.00: Feed
- 13.00- 15.00: Nap
- 16.00: Feed
- 18.00: Feed
- 19.00: Bath
- 19.30: Feed (Lo-Lo passes out)
- 19.30-20.30: Nap
- 20.30-21.00: Feed
I think this works fine but think she may need a quick nap between 4pm & 6pm.
- Sleep who needs it ? ME ! (jcottam1.wordpress.com)