Yesterday was a day full of firsts.
When we arrived back on Thursday night we had discovered the new high chair that daddy had bought for Lo-Lo. So we used that for the 1st time yesterday. It was great. At last she was on our level… ish, and she could sit at the table. Even better, we ordered it through Tesco’s so once we’d included the discounts we had we ended up paying £26 for it! Result! Anyway the table is detachable, it’s padded, wipe clean, the leg rest moves so it’s flat for now while she’s younger AND the seat itself moves up and down so you can have her at floor level or table level… or somewhere in between. Nice work daddy. It was very liberating for me and probably her, a small step toward independence. More fun at feeding times as when I was feeding her before she’d have to be in someone’s lap or sat in the corner of the sofa.
But yesterday included other 1sts… she sat in her high chair, she tried potato, she tried some mashed up carrot and tried her 1st Pampers ActivFit. This morning was a cheeky 1st as well. At her age there is talk of giving them a little bit of orange juice or the like. Well, this morning she tried a bit of tea with mummy… Rooibos/red bush (no caffeine) that is. We thought she might not like it as I guess in a way it can be seen as quite a bitter taste… but she loved it! Didn’t pull any faces when she started drinking it. Very impressed. Just another flavour to add to her repertoire. Turns out Rooibos has a number of benefits (not that that’s why I gave it to her, but now I know):
- Caffeine free
- Contains powerful antioxidants
- Prevents against some cancers
- High mineral content – including magnesium – essential for the nervous system, calcium & manganese – essential for strong teeth and bones, zinc – important for metabolism and iron – critical for helping blood & muscles distribute oxygen.
- Improves circulation
- Relieves stomach complaints – the ability to relieve numerous abdominal ailments such as cramps, diahorrea and indigestion. It has also been widely stated that the health benefits of rooibos tea extend to alleviating colic in babies.
- Aids absorption of iron
- Can relieve skin conditions – such as acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Can protect against Parkinsons/Alzheimers disease
- Encourages restful sleep
- Rooibos drink recipes (rooibosvanilla.wordpress.com)
- What Tea Is and What Tea is Not? (cupofrealitea.wordpress.com)