Going back to work after holiday sucks. Badly. I went back on a Friday at least. Most people were either hungover or distracted by the sun so it was a great day to go through my 600 emails and catch up.
Holidays were great. 1 week in Madeira and then 3 days staycation. A perfect way to not have that horrible rush and stress when you travel back and then go to work the following day. It’s all a bit too much.
Holiday as always makes you take stock of things. I realised how much I miss and love my family. How much Lolo has grown in the two months I’ve been back at work. It feels like I’ve been back for ages but it really isn’t that long. Life cracks on with or without you.
We had a super lazy holiday sat in the sun, reading, having a few beers, exercising Lolo swimming in our pool and by letting her climb up and down the stairs a million times. It was a really basic holiday in beautiful surroundings. We talked lots as a couple and had noisy on a pretty relaxed routine. Spending this much together I started noticing some strong developments in Lolo from the last month:
– she babbles in full sentences. The noises she makes are all different and seem to mean something to her.
– she’s saying words more clearly. Today I pointed to a crab on her book and said crab. She then repeated it back, not fully pronounced but you could certainly tell it was crab.
– she’s identifying animal types. For example if she sees any type of bird she’ll say duck duck.
– she’s been walking for a while now but recently she’s started climbing up and on top of things, hoisting her little legs over everything and reaching quite firmly on her tip toes
– she’s taken to shrieking at the dinner table when she’s done, bored or just testing us. This is quite unacceptable so we’ve been trying a method out where we turn her high chair away from the table we’re eating at to exclude her from our conversation. When she’s been quiet for a couple of minutes we’ll turn her round and include her again. It seems to work quite nicely at the moment
– she now has 12 teeth in total; 8 incisors and 4 molars which she is starting to learn how to use
– we had our 1st family hair cut last week, all three of us. Super difficult to cut the hair of such an active one year old but we managed something and it does look better.
– she recognizes extremes in temperature such as something hot or cold but in both instances she calls them hot
– screwing and unscrewing lids and caps. Totally amused by it. She’s quite good with aim and alignment to get the lids in position in the first instance before she starts tightening
– she’s starting to use a fork or spoon quite well to feed herself although it is still messy. She much prefers to do things herself but does still like to be fed sometimes
– she’s drinking out of open topped cups too!